CFT grads often ask me, how do you start a session? A good way is to ask the patient if any emotion or pain is surfacing. The body will probably want to heal that now as the top layer of the onion. How many times have people gone to their health care provider with an ache or emotion and the answer was meds to manage it? CFT can explore the root of the problem by addressing what the body needs to do now.
Infants cannot tell you what is bothering them but that first stretch may give you a great starting point to help their release. CFT is not a cookbook modality. It is all about allowing the patient to be the captain of his/her own healing.
Sign up for Gillespie Approach Training Opportunities
Gillespie Approach Foundation Training is designed for students to work with children and adults.
- February 1–3 | Austin, TX
- March 14–16 | Gilbert, AZ
- April 11–13 | Melbourne, FL
- June 6–8 | Colorado Springs, CO
- July 18–20 | Bozeman, MT
- September 5–7 | Surrey, UK
- October 17–19 | New Hampshire
- November 14–16 | Greenville, SC
Gillespie Approach Infant Training is designed for students to work with infants.
- February 4–6 | Austin, TX
- March 17–19 | Gilbert, AZ
- April 14–16 | Melbourne, FL
- June 9–11 | Colorado Springs, CO
- July 21–23 | Bozeman, MT
- September 8–10 | Surrey, UK
- October 20–22 | New Hampshire
- November 17–19 | Greenville, SC